(FamilyConservationPAC.com) – On Wednesday, twenty-two House Republicans chose not to vote for Designating Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) as the House’s next Speaker.
A second vote was taken in the House regarding the leadership succession of House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH), the Republican candidate for Speaker.
After fifteen days without a Republican leader of the House, not enough Republicans cast ballots to elect him Speaker.
Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), the chair of the House Democrat Caucus, garnered 212 votes, while 22 legislators cast ballots for someone else.
Jordan received 199 votes.
Among the 22 Republicans who chose not to support Jordan are:
- Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) voted for former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL) voted for Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL)
- Rep. Lori Chavez-DeRemer (R-OR) voted for McCarthy
- Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-NY) voted for former Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY)
- Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart (R-FL) voted for House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA)
- Rep. Jake Ellzey (R-TX) voted for Rep. Mike Garcia (R-CA)
- Rep. Drew Ferguson (R-GA) voted for Scalise
- Rep. Andrew Garbarino (R-NY) voted for Zeldin
- Rep. Carlos Giminez (R-FL) voted for McCarthy
- Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-TX) voted for Scalise
- Rep. John James (R-MI) voted for former Rep. Candice Miller (R-MI)
- Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) voted for former Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
- Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA) voted for Rep. Kay Granger (R-TX)
- Rep. Granger voted for Scalise
- Rep. John Rutherford (R-FL) voted for Scalise
- Rep. Mike Simpson (R-ID) voted for Scalise
- Rep. Pete Stauber (R-MN) voed for Bruce Westerman (R-AR)
- Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) voted for House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN)
- Rep. Jen Kiggans (R-VA) voted for McCarthy
- Rep. Nick LaLota (R-NY) voted for Zeldin
- Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) voted for Scalise
- Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY) voted for McCarthy
Jim Jordon does not have the votes to become Speaker of the House on this round. pic.twitter.com/heIksiC5gF
— TheRealBiffBifford 🇺🇸 (@TBifford) October 18, 2023
In contrast to Reps. Doug LaMalfa (R-CA) and Victoria Spartz (R-IN), who did not vote for Jordan on Tuesday, Reps. Buchanan, Ferguson, Miller-Meeks, and Stauber are the new legislators who did not support Jordan.
Copyright 2023. FamilyConservationPAC.com
Family Conservation PAC is the fastest-growing political action committee in America.
We represent millions of patriotic conservatives who believe in the U.S. Constitution and the principles, values, and traditions that set America apart. We don’t work for any particular interest group or political party.
Our commitment is to the American people, dedicated to conserving traditional family values.
That’s why I humbly ask for your help: Will you step up and chip in just a few bucks in the next hour to help us counter the Left-wing’s narrative that American family values no longer matter?
WE NEED YOU IN THE FIGHT. GIVE A GIFT TODAY.